How we provide this service
Information on correct garden waste disposal is supported by Environmental Services, Waste Services.
What to do to get this service
To dispose of Garden waste you can:
- Compost at home (see below)
- Take it to the West Marsh Road, Spalding Household Waste Recycling Centre or a Saturday Morning Service (see Disposal Sites for more information)
- Buy sacks from the Council, which can then be put out on your refuse day and collected by the refuse freighter. These sacks can be bought from the reception area at our Priory Road Offices, Spalding or ordered from customer services (01775 761161) who will then post the sacks to your address. View current fees below.
- Have bonfires which have an environmental impact (see A-Z, Bonfires for more information)
- Dump it in the dyke, fields or roadside(flytipping)
Garden waste is not collected as part of the normal domestic refuse collection service and any green waste put out in domestic black sacks will not be taken.
Further Information on this service
At part of a Lincolnshire wide scheme Home Composter bins can be bought at reduced prices. For more information on the types of bins on offer please visit The Lincolnshire Get Composting Website.
How much will it cost?
Garden Waste Bags are £1.50 each. This includes collection and disposal fee to landfill.
The charge for these green waste bags is to encourage residents to try to use other means of disposal that are more environmentally friendly. For example, home composting rather than landfilling.
How do you rate this information / service?
If you have any queries about the information provided above, or require further information, please contact Customer Services on 01775 761161 or email email@example.com.