South Holland District Council has helped over 800 households in the past year - these households have had free insulation installed and have subsequently benefited from lower fuel bills and warmer homes..... to find out more keep reading.
Follow us on Facebook
In order to aid in helping you cut the costs of your fuel bills, the council's NI 187 Technician will visit your property to complete an Energy Assessment and then advise you of all the methods available to you (through various schemes or grants) which will make your property more energy efficient.
Please complete the questionnaire below (available in MS Word and PDF format). It should only take around 15 minutes to complete and will give us an idea of what we can do to help.
Once you have completed the questionnaire, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to us. You will be contacted shortly afterwards in order for an inspection to be arranged if there are improvements that can be put in place that will save you money.
Help for Pensioners
It's important that you know what you're entitled to. You may be able to receive money from the government towards your fuel bills:
Benefits in Retirement
Energy Efficiency Improvements Really Do Save You Money
Mr Bill Ward from Sutton Bridge has called the council this morning (8th November 2011) to say that with energy efficiency measures that he has applied to his house since he moved in 5 years ago, including upgrading the boiler, double glazing and insulation, he has saved around £450.
You may also like to take a look at the leaflets (linked to below) which detail all current savings tips to help you improve the energy efficiency of your home.
- Air Source Heat Pumps (PDF, 99KB)
- Cavity Wall Insulation (PDF, 103KB)
- Chimney Balloons (PDF, 129KB)
- Double Glazing (PDF, 69KB)
- Energy Saving Light Bulbs (PDF, 100KB)
- Floor Insulation (PDF, 93KB)
- Ground Source Heat Pumps (PDF, 114KB)
- Heating and Hot Water Systems (PDF, 79KB)
- Loft Insulation (PDF, 113KB)
- Solar Electricity (PDF, 144KB)
- Tanks and Pipes Insulation (PDF, 152KB)
- Thermostats and Thermostatic Radiator Valves (PDF, 117KB)
- Bulk Oil Purchasing Guide
- Revised Tariff for Solar Panels (PDF, 32KB)
Other Useful Websites
South Holland District Council are not responsible for the content of external websites. South Holland District Council do not endorse any of the listed products or schemes. You may wish to shop around before agreeing to any specific transactions.