South Holland DC
Search site

Street Trading

If you want to sell, expose or offer for sale any article in a street then you must have a street trading licence or street trading consent.

Street trading is regulated under Schedule 4 of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982.

Information about Street Trading is available in our word icon Street Trading Policy [1Mb]

How to make an application/or renew an existing licence

You will need to download and complete word icon Street Trading Application form [1Mb].  

Single one-off events

word icon Street Trading Event application form [1Mb]

Street Trading - Designation of Consent Streets, Schedule 4 of The Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982

South Holland District Council decided to amend existing street trading controls by designation all streets in its areas as 'Consent Streets' as of 12th August 2015.

A Consent Street is a street in which street trading can only take place if the consent of the local authority has first been obtained.

Street Trading is defined as the selling or exposing or offering for sale of any article (including a living thing) in a street.  For the purposes of this requirement the term 'street' means any road, footway, beach or other area which the public have access without payment, including private land.

Anyone who wishes to operate as a street trader in South Holland is required to hold a valid Street Trading Consent.

It is an offence to operate as a street trader without this prior approval.

Details of the scheme and those activities affected can be found in the street trading policy.

You will need to complete a Street Trading Application Form to apply and attach the relevant documents listed on the form.  Completed applications should be send to the Food, Health & Safety Team with the relevant fee:-

  • Ice Cream Vendor Consent - £400
  • Annual Consent - £495
  • Single Event Consent - £60
  • Renewal Fee - £470

Payments can be made online

Please note these fees are for 2016/2017 and are subject to change from April 2017.

It is also worth noting that anyone intending to sell food may also need to register with the Local Authority where the vehicle, trailer or stall is usually parked over night.




Powered by GOSS iCM