To give us the best chance of helping you, contact us as soon as you think you are going to have a problem paying your bill.
Before you contact us:
- Check if you will qualify for a discount, exemption or Council Tax Support to reduce your bill
- Review your incomings and outgoings
- Consider how you can resolve the problem - we can offer weekly, fortnightly, monthly and four weekly payment options.
If we do not know you are having problems paying, we will continue with enforcement action and you could end up having to pay a lot more.
Ways to make payments can be found on the Council Tax Payments page.
If you need to discuss a payment arrangement; please contact us on 01775 761161, followed by option four and hold to speak with an agent.
You might benefit from some independent advice.
- The Citizens Advice Bureau provides free and independent advice helping to resolve legal, money and other problems
- National Debtline offer advice on how to deal with debt problems
- My Money Steps is an online debt service from National Debtline
- Visit StepChange Debt Charity for advice, support or solutions to resolve your debt problems
- Age UK Boston and South Holland offer information, help and advice to ensure you are claiming the benefits you are entitled to
- Lincolnshire Credit Union provide community banking; offering access to a supported budget account