Enquire about work experience at the Council
Work experience offers young people an opportunity to investigate potential career paths and develop key skills needed in employment.
Whilst work experience placements are generally aimed at young people at school, college or university, opportunities are also available for older people seeking to change their career direction or those aiming to return to the workplace.
To make an enquiry about work experience at the Council, please email email@example.com
Work experience process:
- The individual will need to decide what area(s) of the Council they would like to take their work experience in.
- The individual will then need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the area(s) they would like to work in and why, along with the dates the work experience will need to take place. They will also need to attach a CV. (We appreciate that students may not have a full CV, but they should include an attachment that will include something about them and their academic history etc.)
- HR will receive the email and liaise with the relevant departmental manger(s). If possible the manager will agree to accommodate and will be in touch with the individual directly. If for any reason they cannot accommodate HR will be in touch to explain the reasons why.
Departments within SHDC:
- Ayscoughfee Hall
- Asset & Property
- Communications (Graphics & Design)
- Community Development
- Construction Services
- Democratic Services & Legal
- Economic Development
- Environmental Services
- Housing Operations
- Planning & Building Control
- South Holland Centre
Compass Point Business Services provide the back office services for SHDC; you can also apply for work experience within their departments:
- Customer Services
- Human Resources
- Operational Support
- Revenues & Benefits